Microsoft to Install Windows 10 in One Billion Devices Up to 2017

News - (on June 25, 2015 03:49 AM)


 

Microsoft Seems Fighting Back with Windows 10


Software giant, Microsoft is ambitious to install Windows 10 in 1 billion devices by 2017! Isn’t it sounds crazy? Spiceworks says “No”


Objective to install Windows 10 in more or less 1 billion devices around the world apparently seems unachievable, but Spiceworks – a professional network for the information technology industry that is headquartered in Austin, Texas – says it is very much achievable and sane.


"Microsoft's stated goal of 1 billion Windows 10 devices in two to three years is achievable, and strong interest from IT buyers bodes well for the entire Windows 10 ecosystem," said Sanjay Castelino, Spiceworks' marketing chief.


According to Spiceworks report, 60% of IT departments have already tested Windows 10 in their devices, and remaining 40% plan to work with the new Microsoft Operating System this year of the software's July 29, 2015, release.

 


It is very much contrast result as compared to Windows 8, Windows 8.1 etc. due to their confusing tile based operating system for users. It had become hard of simple and regular user to shift from simple GUI Windows on a desktop with keyboards and mice to the tile-based operating system. That was why only 18% of the companies deployed that confusing OS.


Moreover, as Microsoft has announced that anyone using Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, can upgrade their Operating System to Windows 10 absolutely free of cost, chances are very much evident that 77% of businesses which are still running the six-year old Windows 7 operating system due to failed tiled OS, would most probably shift to Windows 10 due to its un-tiled UI.


However, it might be surprising for you that 44% still have the 14-year-old Windows XP installed on their business PCs. Seems Microsoft is ignoring them to upgrade to Windows 10. We’d like to suggest Microsoft to think about them as well.


loading comments form ...

1 reviews & 0 answers
keith Tinker
keith Tinker on December 01, 2017 05:21 AM

I am not shore what to say, not informed enough to make comment

Answer